Sofa Set Cleaning Services in Nairobi
The best way to clean couch stains is to wipe the couch with the correct cleaning solution (depending on the fabric). We focus on scrubbing the stained areas and then allowing the couch to dry.
This tip does the trick when it comes to cleaning each type of fabric, but we make sure we check the cleaning tag and test products in an inconspicuous spot before applying them to the whole couch.
Cleaning a Microfiber Couch
Rubbing alcohol is your friend when you are cleaning most microfiber couches. As we mentioned before, we are sure to check that tag and test the solution before using anything to clean the entire couch. The cleaning code “S” (for “solvent”) means rubbing alcohol is a great option.
- We scrub with rubbing alcohol. Working section by section, spray an area with rubbing alcohol and then scrub with a white or light-colored sponge (no color transfers to the couch while we scrub). You will see the stains lift off onto the sponge.
- Brush in circles. The couch should dry quickly as the alcohol evaporates rapidly. Once we dry, use a dry scrub brush to brush the sofa in a circular motion to fluff the fabric.
- We repeat the process with distilled water. If there are any water stains on the couch (and your couch allows both water and solvent cleaning), we follow the same process using distilled water. Spray, scrub and then brush after the fabric has dried.
Cleaning a Fabric Couch
We will also help you clean a fabric couch by applying these steps.
- Brush the couch. We Prepare the couch by brushing it with a clean white hand towel or a stiff brush. This will loosen anything that has dried onto the couch.
- Apply baking soda. Sprinkle the entire couch with baking soda, and let it sit for at least 20 minutes. (You can leave it there for up to an hour.) Using a brush attachment, vacuum the couch to remove the baking soda.
- Make an all-purpose couch cleaner. While the baking soda sits on the couch, make this simple cleaner to tackle any remaining stains. Combine 1 tsp. dishwashing liquid, 1 Tbsp. white vinegar and 1 cup of warm water in a small spray bottle. Next, add 1 tsp. baking soda and quickly screw the top onto the spray bottle. (Baking soda and vinegar will create a lot of bubbles when combined!)
- Wipe down the couch. Spray a white cloth with the cleaning solution, and gently dab and rub any stains on the fabric. Alternatively, wipe down the entire sofa with a good deep clean solution.
- Let the fabric dry. Do not sit or place objects on the couch for a few hours or until the couch has dried completely.
We have tricks for ensuring you meet your upholstery cleaning requirements. Titossy cleaning services in Nairobi clean furniture as part of our regular house cleaning services. Do you need some professional cleaning help for the rest of your living room? Give the experts at Titossy cleaning services a call! We provide first-class services at affordable prices.